Selling at Auction
Nothing beats the excitement as the competition for your lot intensifies in the auction. At Bellmans we guide you through the entire selling process, from valuation, collection and auctioning, to receiving your payment for the sale.
The UK Government has indicated that Auction Rooms, as non-essential retail businesses, will be allowed to re-open to the public from 12 April.
- We are delighted to offer free valuations at our Wisborough Green, West Sussex Saleroom, Monday to Friday between 9.30am - 4.30pm. Please be advised that as we are often busier during auction weeks, we would recommend calling in advance during these periods.
- You can request a valuation through our website here or by calling the office.
- Our specialists are also available to visit your property to value larger collections. To arrange this please click here.
What is the seller's commission rate?
- 15% of the hammer price plus VAT and a £10 plus VAT lotting fee on each sold item.
- There are no fees for unsold items.
- We can help arrange collection of your items. The cost for this is invoiced directly by the collection company.
- Should you wish to deliver your items to Bellmans, please contact us to arrange a mutually convenient time.
- Please note when selling at auction we require two forms of identification to include a photo identification and an address verification.
How do I find out sale results?
- All results will be available on our website at the end of each auction day.
How soon will I be paid?
- Payments will be made by BACS transfer and a settlement statement will be emailed to you three weeks after the auction.
How to proceed if items remain unsold
- You will be notified of any unsold items within 14 days of the auction. You can then choose for Bellmans to either re-offer the lot(s) with a lower reserve in a future auction, or collect the lot(s). Should you decide to collect rather than re-enter, we kindly ask that the lot(s) will be picked up within 28 days.
- If Bellmans have not received instructions within 28 days of the initial auction date, the lot(s) will be re-offered in a forthcoming auction at our discretion.
Terms and conditions