Buying at Auction
Bid by bid you can enjoy the true thrill of the chase with a Bellmans auction. Find out about our latest auction dates, preview the lots and let us help you to pursue your prized item from the comfort of your home or office.
How to bid
- BellmansLive - this live auction feed allows Bellmans clients to watch, listen and bid from anywhere in the world. This is a free service. Please register on our website for this service here.
- Absentee bidding - clients may register and leave an absentee bid through the Bellmans website. This is the maximum bid you would like to place on an item but is not necessarily the opening bid that we use. If you do not have a Bellmans account, simply register here. You will be asked to provide two forms of identification.
- Live telephone bidding - Bellmans offer a personal telephone bid service with a member of our staff. As we have a limited number of lines so we can only offer this service for lots with a low estimate of £300 or greater. We recommend booking this service in good time and no later than 4pm the day before the auction.
- Attending the sale - if you are planning to attend a Bellmans auction, please register on our website here. On arrival at Bellmans we will then give you a bidding number.
- The-saleroom.com - all Bellmans auctions are streamed live on the-saleroom.com. Clients may bid through this, however there is a surcharge of 5% plus VAT for this service.
Our next auctions
- Visit our Auction Calendar here for details of our future auctions or register through our website to receive email updates.
- Condition reports can be requested, free of charge, by clients from the on-line auction catalogue. In some cases, condition reports are pre-published on lot pages, as well as additional images.
- A condition report from our specialists can offer their opinion of condition and any restoration which supplements our catalogue description. Additional photos can be requested.
- Please note our catalogue does not include reference to condition or repair.
- Due to current Government Covid regulations we are limited to the number of clients visiting at any one time. Please therefore book an appointment to view the auction by clicking here.
- Viewing staff will be available to assist locating items in the saleroom and to answer any questions.
- All results will be available on our website.
- If your bid has been successful, you will be notified by Bellmans and the invoice will be available to view and pay through your Bellmans Client Zone.
- A Buyer's premium of 22% on the hammer price plus VAT at 20% is payable on all lots. (The VAT rate may alter and will be levied at the appropriate rate). Lots purchased via www.the-saleroom.com are subject to 27% buyer’s premium plus VAT at 20%.
- Payment details are available in your Bellmans Client Zone as well as printed on your invoice.
- Payment is due immediately following the auction.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or through the secure link in your Bellmans Client Zone.
We kindly request that payment and collection of all lots is made within one week of the auction; storage charges apply thereafter.
Collection & Shipping
- Following payment we ask you to collect the items within one week.
- Please inform Bellmans if you are arranging collection via a third party.
- Please see below our recommended companies:
Clearhouse Moves (Delivery of Furniture and Larger items)
T: +44 (0) 7919 363 760 E: [email protected]
JenTel Packing (LAPADA approved specialists in Fine Arts, Antiques, Valuables, Collectables and Fragile Items - Bespoke Packing and Shipping Worldwide)
T: +44 (0) 1268 776777 E: [email protected]
ATD Shipping (Collection and packing of Smaller items from our Saleroom)
T: +44 (0) 1903 742233 E: [email protected]
Terms and Conditions